Registration is open and all startups are welcomed！
Click the picture to register for 2019 NVC.
Click here to download NVC startup instruction handbook
Bring together distinguished investors and entrepreneurs to meet and seek technological and financial collaboration
Identify and nurture outstanding startup teams from such fields as artificial intelligence, robotics, biotechnology, medical devices & health, education & technology, virtual & augmented reality, arts & architecture, environment & sustainability etc
Provide the competing teams with, in addition to cash awards of up to $10,000, one-on-one mentorship from eminent investors and seasoned entrepreneurs
Why join the competition?
Identify outstanding startup teams in artificial intelligence, robotics, biotechnology, healthcare, VR/AR, and more
Provide cash awards up to $10,000
Finalist teams will have the valuable opportunity to converse one-on-one with prominent investors and discuss possible future collaborations during the Speed Dating session after the NVC
The opportunity to connect with incubators and materialize innovative ideas in China CMU talents from the CMU-Summit Career Fair
Fill out the registration form
Upload Business executive summary in English
Upload Pitch deck
Additional company highlights
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
All submissions must represent the original work of each contestant. Submitted Executive Summaries must be written by team members themselves; writings from any other individual or institution is strictly forbidden.
Submissions must not violate any contract obligation, intellectual property and/or other rights of a third party. Participating teams will take the full responsibility of resolving any legal issue in case of disputes.
We encourage teams to submit product prototypes (if applicable) and/or other relevant materials along with the Executive Summaries.
All submissions must be based on legitimate business purpose. Ventures that involve illegal activities or are hazardous to human health or the environment are strictly prohibited.
RULES FOR FINAL PRESENTATION
After the registration deadline, a committee of judges formed by Chinese and American angel investors and venture capitalists will review all start-up projects, and the top 15 projects who receive the highest scores will be the Semi-Finalists and have the opportunity to present at the final Startup Demo during the Summit. For teams who cannot attend the Competition in person due to geographic barriers, we will provide service to facilitate virtual participation.
The judges will evaluate each executive summary based on the following criteria:
Importance of the problem solved by the project
Originality, creativity and feasibility of the proposed solution
Market size and competitive advantage
Business model and economic value
Team members’ commitment
The Committee maintains confidentiality for participating teams in the following ways:
- Staff may not disclose any unpublished information about the projects
- Judges are required to keep executive business summaries confidential and cannot share them with unauthorized third parties. However, the Committee is not responsible for verbal communication of the judges.
In order to protect the legal rights and interests of contestants, the Committee recommends that the participating teams fully understand intellectual property rights
- Contestants may be asked to speak to the media upon request by the CMU IEA.
- Contestants must follow all guidelines of the Competition and adhere to decisions made by the Organizing Committee of the Competition. Contestants will be disqualified otherwise.
- The Organizing Committee of the Competition will reserve the rights to change the setting of the awards or the schedule for the Competition according to how matters stand.
- If there is any infringement upon copyrights of third parties, the Committee does not take any legal responsibility and reserves the right to disqualify teams involved in such violations.
- Participants will bear all legal consequences when violating (including but not limited to: infringement upon patents, copyrights, trademarks, portraitures, reputation, and privacy of third parties) while participating in the NVC; the Committee does not take any legal responsibility and reserves the right to disqualify teams involved in such violations.
- The right to modify and update the contents or change the final interpretation of this disclaimer belongs to the NVC Committee.